Thursday, April 02, 2009

PROCESS -
I'm currently in the studio recording more original music. While I am loving the process and am trying to get it accomplished faster that the first music I recorded it still takes time and money. (If you want to check out my first CD, go to CD Baby and search WAVE Band.) So, knowing that I cannot go in there and knock it all out in a week or two can be a bummer. But I do love the process. There is such great spiritual application from the whole process. We believers in Jesus Christ have to understand that our walk is a process. We don't instantly become Bible Scholars and Theologians or perfect Christians at the moment we surrender our lives to God. It's a process. When I go into the studio I start by laying down some scratch tracks for others to hear and get the basics of the melody and music in mind. Then we flesh these ideas out and start laying down some basic instruments. The process time, is cool but takes energy, brainstorming, and yes, money. We, too, need to understand that as we grow in our faith it takes time, energy, brainstorming and yes, money. After all, where we invest these things shows where our heart is focused. So, enjoy the process, after all as Rose Tremain is quoted as saying - "Life is NOT a Dress Rehearsal." This is it, so let's embrace the process and live lives sold out to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home